The Work Comp Answers
The Work Comp answers to yesterday’s cutcompcosts.com article are as follows – if you have not read the previous article, it is advisable to do so as this article may not make sense as a standalone. Links are provided to the associated articles
- What is workers comp called in Australia? – Compo
- Where did WC originate – think a long time ago and not in the US – Ancient Sumeria
- The best Workers Comp risk management technique is ____? Can be more than one answer. Properly managed field case managers/nurses is the one that I recommend overall. A trusted industrial-minded initial treating physician is another.
- Who is always viewed as an impartial witness on WC claims? The treating physician
- How many states allow carrier reimbursement for medical marijuana? Which state(s)? One – New Mexico
- What is a PEO and define the term. Professional Employment Organization
- What is the designation ChFC and the ARM-P? Chartered Financial Consultant, Associates in Risk Management- Public. I have attained my ChFC and ARM, but not the ARM-P. I may have to add the -P some day soon.
- The normal waiting period for WC benefits is _______? Trick question? There is no waiting period for medical benefits. I did not say specifically indemnity benefits.
- What disease/injury has fallen over 50% due to WC safety measures? Amazing. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) – and what a disabling injury this can become over time.
- The best thing to do to prepare for a Workers Comp audit is ________? Be as organized as possible.
- Bonus – The first article on this blog is dated? ________
- Self-serving Super Bonus – What services do we provide as a company?
I did not provide the Work Comp answers for the last two as they were bonus questions.
©J&L Risk Management Inc Copyright Notice