Workers Comp Articles
The 1,530+ workers comp articles on Cutcompcosts cover some of the topics outside the US. I will try to cover more of those in the upcoming weeks.
The last workers comp questions and answers were very popular. Below are questions that pertain to WC outside of the US, so to speak. The links are provided to links in the blog and to external sources.
- Does China have a WC system? Are the benefits similar to the US? Would it be considered a monopolistic system?
- What is the WC coverage called if you are on navigable waters outside of or in the US? Is there a different set of rules for this coverage? Does each state have its own rules for this type of coverage?
- What is the Jones Act? What type of injuries/locations does it cover? Why is it so important for adjusters and agents to understand this Act?
- Is there a set of WC laws/rules for men/women in the Armed Forces while on base? What is it called? What is the main difference between regular WC and this coverage?
- If you have employees who travel internationally, do you have to buy an international WC?
- Did WC actually start in the US? If not, then where and when?
- Do NCCI, WCIRB, and the other rate bureaus have special rates for foreign workers or countries?
- Do any countries provide 24-hour healthcare including WC for their citizens?
The answers are going to be entered into the next article on Monday or Tuesday of next week. Most of the answers are in the Workers comp articles on this blog. The last two will be more difficult as there are no links supplied to the answers.
Please think of the test as having 16 questions instead of eight. Good luck and remember to use Google searches if you cannot find the answers on this blog.
Hint: Question #6 was answered in the Q&A from earlier this week.
©J&L Risk Management Inc Copyright Notice