WCIRB Upcoming Meeting Will Affect Certain Employers Heavily
The upcoming meeting of WCIRB in California may be one to mark on your calendar if you own one of the below listed companies. The WCIRB may change some classification codes depending on a meeting on March 5th. The WCIRB is California’s rating agency for Workers Compensation. I usually do not point out any meetings of the rating agencies. The meeting is open to the public.
This is the meeting reminder –
The first 2013 meeting of the WCIRB’s Classification and Rating Committee will take place on March 5, 2013 at the WCIRB office in San Francisco. The Committee will review planned changes to the WCIRB’s regulatory filing schedule for 2013, as well as review several WCIRB staff recommendations for changes to the California Workers’ Compensation Uniform Statistical Reporting Plan – 1995 .The classification code changes will affect these employers:
- Contractors — Construction or Erection
- Day Care Centers
- Mechanized Tree Harvesting and Log Chipping
- Parcel Delivery Companies
- Pipe or Tube manufacturing — Riveted or Welded
- Sheet Metal Products Manufacturing and Metal Stamping
- Stores — Repair Departments
- Weighmasters and/or Dispatchers
- Weight Control Institutes, Salons or Clubs
The proposed changes can be found here at the WCIRB’s website. The link will download a large PDF file. The WCIRB Committee will also cover:
- Policy Number
- Reinstatement of Cancelled Policies
- Self-Insured Data for Experience Rating Purposes
Any of these changes may not be a negative factor for employers. If you are one of the affected employers, then a review of the PDF file may be worth your time.
I have attended many WCIRB conferences/educational programs. They are truly a great group of people for the most part.
©J&L Risk Management Inc Copyright Notice