2023 NCCI AIS Conference Next Week – Totally Worth It
I will be covering most of the sessions at the upcoming 2023 NCCI AIS Conference. If you have not made plans to attend, there is still time to learn what the rate bureau that covers 40+ states has to say about the upcoming year. See the press release from NCCI below. Dr. Hartwig’s 60+ slide presentation will keep you on your toes.
NCCI to Reveal Fresh Workers Compensation Insights at Annual Symposium May 8–10
May 1, 2023 (BOCA RATON, FL)—The National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) will release the latest data and analysis on the worker’s compensation system at its Annual Insights Symposium (AIS) 2023, May 8–10, at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes in Orlando, Florida. AIS is the premier industry event that delivers exclusive access to worker’s compensation insights and expertise, as well as a one-of-a-kind networking opportunity.
This year’s AIS marks NCCI’s 100th anniversary and its 35th symposium.
“This centennial is a milestone for NCCI,” said Bill Donnell, President and CEO of NCCI. “Over the last 100 years, the worker’s compensation system has made extraordinary progress in improving workplace safety and supporting injured workers and their families. And the next 100 years will certainly be more complex, so we must continue to evolve.”
Donnell will address what lies ahead for the industry followed by NCCI Chief Actuary Donna Glenn in her highly anticipated State of the Line Report. The State of the Line is NCCI’s exclusive performance analysis of industry results and a deep dive into the trends affecting insurers, regulators, employers, and workers.
The program for AIS 2023 also includes:
- Malcolm Gladwell—The best-selling author and popular podcaster will share his unique perspective on the potential for building better teams and communities.
- Robert P. Hartwig—The well-known industry economist will address the current economic crosswinds facing workers compensation.
- Gregory P. Jacobson and Jeff Rieder—These labor market experts will deliver insights on the latest employment trends impacting our industry.
- Chief medical officer panel—An esteemed panel of physicians will discuss new therapies and developing trends for the future of medicine.
- NCCI experts—
- Len Herk and Carolyn Wise will share the latest research on large claims
- Raji Chadarevian and Anae Myers will unveil the latest trends impacting medical cost inflation
Learn more at ncci.com/AIS.