J&L Founder James J Moore Instructor For Academy of Insurance Course 02/04/21
According to James -” COVID-19 remains a terrible disease that affects many parts of the workers’ compensation process. Some states have seen fit to pass multiple COVID-19 presumption rules that may “already be on the books” from the early to mid-1900’s.”
Sign up here if you wish to attend the webinar.
The course will cover many of the articles written in this website. Follow the article links to find out more.
Occupational disease remains one of the unknowns in Workers’ Compensation insurance claims even with the advent of COVID-19. Are the presumption laws needed to make sure the workers injured by COVID-19 receive proper care and benefits?
Occupational disease claims can be the costliest. Mesothelioma occupational disease claims may cost $100,000+ per incident.
In this session you will learn:
- Alvin Toffler’s COVID-19 prediction comes true 30 years later
- When did Workers’ Compensation begin – hint – it is not the 1900’s
- How World War II and wristwatch faces became the origin of Occupational Disease laws nationwide
- Who are the Radium Girls and what were the uses of radium?
- The difference between an accident and an occupational disease
- Examples of Occupational Disease laws and rules in certain states
- How long does the injured employee have to make a claim – unknown part of rule that causes problems
- Are the COVID-19 presumptions necessary?
- Occupational disease vs. personal sensitivity claims
- Can a COVID-19 claim be denied?
J&L founder James J Moore will take any questions that you have after the presentation and will give examples from his long history claims handling career including sources of more information. You may contact him after the course with any questions at his email address [email protected]