Workers Comp Claims Savings In 7 Words Reprisal – Still True Today
Please excuse the older articles if the spacing or any other attributes look a little off the mark. The articles still need more “gussying.”
The 7 Mostly Encompassing Words with a link to each article are:
- Report – Check out this article on ASAP reporting from earlier this week – easiest one to accomplish
- Refer – Physician referral control results in cost savings on the medical costs and indirectly saves some of the indemnity claim costs
- Return – A solid return to work program with #1 and #2 implementation will reduce indemnity costs greatly and indirectly the medical costs.
- Treat – If the injured employee thinks they have been treated well, the claims cost reduces quickly.
- Document – Take great notes – always keep any documents handy with a proper records retention policy – back up everything
- Question – The old “if you see something, say something” quote applies very heavily. Asking the proper questions saves cash
- Adopt – If your company does not adopt a program that you have created, #1 – #6 wastes your time.
The above list was produced in 2010. I could have easily added another four or five. Would I change any of the 7 words – No as I wrote up the basis for these in the late 1980s. Workers Compensation cannot be described as a fluid (ever-changing) environment. A concept from the past stays true most of the time.
©J&L Risk Management Inc Copyright Notice