Workers Comp Publications That I Use For Ideas
I have often been asked during presentations and in general conversations on what Workers Comp publications do I read to produce the blog?
Most of the blog is original content, with no advertising from any source. Yes, most of the blog is done for content so that organic (not paid) web searchers will find the blog and call or email us. The main reason is inform the general public and employers on why WC should be one of their main foci.
Interesting enough, I sometimes “beat up” on premium audits and auditors, actuaries, adjusters, risk managers, and other insurance personnel. However, the insurance community is a large portion of the audience that reads this blog. I was trained originally as an all line adjuster then switched to Workers Comp many years ago.
One of the main suggestions that I would make is to not try to remember to go to these websites each day or week. Have them emailed to you to a private email. Why do I say private email? Business email services are famous for considering the emails spam, even though they contain valuable information.
There are other websites and publications on Workers Comp. These are the ones that I read on at least a weekly basis. I am quite reticent to reveal the materials that I read, but here I go (There are links to each publication except for the LinkedIn Groups as they require a logon):
- Workers Comp Analysis Group on LinkedIn. Mark Walls has performed at a very high level to host the group. If you own a WC business and you are not adding into the conversations, you should be ashamed of yourself, no really, you should. If you do not have your LinkedIn profile 100% completed, you are running far behind. Seeing the opinions of the WC world workers is golden to me.
- WorkCompCentral – Dave’s publication is one of the best. You can get a free subscription to just the news articles of the day in summary form, for not just CA, but nationwide. They have used a few of my articles in their columns section. Jim Sams and all of their reporters are top-notch. They also have a great LinkedIn group.
- Business Insurance – there are so many areas in this one that will apply to your corner of the world. Robert Ciseneros’s columns are great. You can have them emailed to you by subject matter.
- Insurance Journal – very similar to Business Insurance’s breadth and depth on many articles. Just reading the article comments makes it work reading. They will email you articles on your certain interest. Their main article email is great.
- Claims Journal – one of the better claims-based websites.
- Risk and Insurance – another great publication, also has great LinkedIn group.
- A.M. Best – a great website from the insurance rating providers
- NCCI and WCIRB – the two main rating bureaus have great information. Most of the info provided is for E-Mods and X-Mods and analyses.
- Workers Compensation Research Institute (WCRI) – one of the better non-rating bureau research websites. Their studies are very thorough. They offered a free report in this blog two weeks ago on medical costs.
- Other LinkedIn groups – I am on the following LinkedIn groups. I do not follow all of them every day.
- Bright Ideas & Entrepreneurs
- Business Forecasting, Planning and Analysis
- Business Intelligence
- CAI – Capital Associated Industries
- California Coalition on Workers’ Compensation (CCWC)
- California Self-Insurers Association
- California Workers’ Comp. Professionals
- California Workers’ Compensation & Risk Conference
- Captive Insurance and Risk Retention Group Network
- Connected Professionals Chapel Hill – Durham NC
- Consultants Network
- FEDERAL BIZ Network – Government Stimulus Teaming Jobs PMI Consulting Funding Sales Opportunities
- Gmail Users
- How To Save Big On Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- ICMS-Medical Case Management Professionals
- IIR’s Workplace Community
- Insurance Auditor’s Association of the Southwest
- Insurance Claims Professionals
- Insurance Training and Education
- Leadership Think Tank
- Linking NC: Charlotte, Raleigh, RDU, Greensboro, Ashville, Wilmington and surrounding areas
- Linking the Triangle
- Medicare and Medicaid Compliance
- National Workers’ Compensation and Disability Conference & Expo SUBGROUP
- National Workers’ Compensation Coalition
- Ohio Workers’ Compensation Forum
- Premium Audit Professionals Network
- Premium Audit Review Consultants
- Professionals In Workers’ Compensation Southern California Chapter
- Property & Casualty Network
- Raleigh Entrepreneurs Organization
- Risk & Insurance®
- Risk Management & Insurance Professionals
- Search Engine Land
- Tech Plus
- Tennessee Claims Association
- The California Workers’ Comp Forum
- The Texas Workers’ Comp Forum
- Underwriting SUBGROUP
- WORK COMP ANALYSIS GROUP
- Work Comp Cost Management
- WORK COMP Insurance, TPA, Self-Insured, State and Municipal Government Professional Network
- Workers Compensation Cost Containment Professional Network
- Workers Compensation Roundtable
©J&L Risk Management Inc Copyright Notice