Workers Comp mental health issues are rarely discussed yet very prevalent. The four types or phases of a workers comp injury are:
- Physical – Physical
- Physical – Mental
- Mental – Mental
- Mental – Physical
The elements of a Workers Comp injury have mental health involved in 75% of claim types – not meaning the total number of claims.
Mark Walls of Safety National and Kimberly George of Sedwick have a webinar workgroup called OutFront Ideas. The topic discussed next month is a very important one that many carriers and practitioners find it difficult to relate to workers comp claims.
Mental injuries have spawned many heated debates in the workers comp claim departments and courts across the US. I will be traveling by air on April 11th. I will miss this one. Bummer.
The gist of the webinar covers:
The topic of mental health in relation to workers’ compensation is often taboo. However, employers, healthcare professionals and service providers are beginning to understand the influence that mental health and well-being have on areas from company productivity and performance to return-to-work rates and claims outcomes.
This complimentary Out Front Ideas with Kimberly and Mark webinar will explore the overall importance of mental health and well-being and the direct impact that both issues can have on your workers’ compensation program results.
Join us to learn:
- How mental health affects workplace absence and productivity.
- Regulatory considerations and limitations on mental health within workers’ compensation.
- How to overcome the stigma associated with mental health.
- Strategies employers are using to create a culture of wellness that includes mental health.
- And more!
- Bryon Bass, Senior Vice President Disability, Absence and Compliance, Sedgwick
- Denise Zoe Algire, Director, Managed Care and Disability, Albertson’s Companies
- Maggie Alvarez-Miller, Director of Business and Product Development, Aptus Risk Solutions
- Brian Downs, Vice President Quality and Provider Relations, Workers’ Compensation Trust
By the way Denise Zoe Algire from Albertson’s gave me a great almond milk recipe two weeks ago after discussing whole foods at the WCRI Conference. Yummy. Ask her about it. She loves to share the great recipe.
This webinar will be worth your time.
Article provided by James J Moore, AIC, MBA, ChFC, ARM. All articles are original content. Check out the full website at www.cutcompcosts.com