(WCRI) Holds Annual Conference
One of my favorite data sources- Workers Compensation Research Institute – is holding their conference March 12th – 13th in Boston MA. Other than the rating bureaus (NCCI, WCIRB, NCRB, etc.) the WCRI is a great place for research data for anything to do with Workers Compensation statistics.
Below is their e-brochure for the conference. Follow the links to find out more about WCRI and to register for the conference. Early registration by 1/24/2014 will save your company $100.
2014 WCRI Annual Issues & Research Conference
March 12-13, 2014
Boston Park Plaza Hotel & Towers ~ Boston, MA
Upheaval in the Market for Health Care – Facts and Myths
In 2014, many of the major provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PP-ACA) will be implemented. This year’s conference will focus on the likely impact on workers’ compensations systems. Among the questions to be addressed:
- What might the market for and the delivery of health care look like in the US in 5 years?
- How might workers’ compensation systems be affected….
- Vulnerability to cost shift toward workers’ comp?
- Opportunities for cost shifting away from workers’ comp?
- Impact of increasing size and concentration of health care providers?
- Impact of federal government regulation of medical prices?
- How will increased coverage affect access to care for injured workers?
- What are the major unintended consequences to watch out for?
As with most things in workers’ compensation, we would not be surprised if the effects were very different in different states. We will offer a framework for identifying in which states workers’ compensation systems are likely to be most affected.
As always, other session will present the most recent findings of significant WCRI studies drawn from the following candidates:
- Worker outcomes of health care
- Cost and use of ambulatory surgery centers
- Trends in opioid use
- Impact of banning physician dispensing of opioids
- Impact of provider choice laws on worker outcomes
- Which states may benefit most from Texas-like closed formularies
- What are the attributes of injured workers who are uncovered by health insurance at the time of their injury?
- Lessons from recent CompScope™ studies
Register by January 24, 2014, to get $100.00 in Early Bird Savings!
The WCRI conference, an annual two-day event, is a leading workers’ compensation forum for policymakers, employers, labor advocates, insurance executives, health care organizations, claims managers, researchers, and others and draws attendees from across the nation. Conference participants will leave with new insights, valuable networking contacts, and a better understanding of key issues in today’s competitive environment.
For more information, contact Stephanie Deeley at [email protected] or call 617-661-9274 ext. 261.
Article provided by James J Moore, AIC, MBA, ChFC, ARM. All articles are original content. Check out the full website at www.cutcompcosts.com.